This handbook presents a complete six week course on yama which is firmly rooted in the teachings of Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtra. It is a practical companion text and includes:
• An accessible explanation of the yama sūtra.
• Weekly asana sequences which relate to each of the yama.
• A graduated plan for developing ujjāyī prāṇāyāma.
• Thirty yama based mantra for meditation.
• Six complete relaxation scripts.
• More than thirty ‘off-the-mat’ practices which support understanding.
• A comprehensive bibliography.
• Recommended websites for easy access to high quality information and training.
The course is designed so that readers can use the whole course or choose specific practices to bring fresh ideas to existing plans.
Susan Lodge BA, PGCE, MA (Ed), BWY Dip, YFHF Cert is an experienced yoga teacher who has been practising yoga for almost twenty years. She has studied yoga with teachers in England and Spain, and teaches regularly in the North East of England and on yoga holidays in Turkey. In this series of books developed especially for yoga teachers, Susan presents fundamental principles which lie at the core of her teaching in an accessible and extremely useful format.
Paperback, 88 pages, RRP £12.99
Published by Sixth Element Publishing, May 2016