Crossing the Tees Short Story Competition 2019
Budding authors and creative writers – share your stories for a chance to appear in a published anthology and take home a cash prize. There is no theme to the competition.
1st Prize £100 | 2nd Prize £75 | 3rd Prize £50
Free to enter and open to everyone aged 16 or over, terms and conditions apply.
Closing date for entries is midnight 31 July 2019
Enter here, or for more details of the Crossing the Tees Book Festival, visit www.crossingthetees.org/short-story-competition
Once you have submitted your story you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you have not received this within 7 working days please contact Sixth Element Publishing on email@example.com
Terms and Conditions – Short Story Competition
• All submissions to be 3000 words maximum, no minimum; the title is not included in the word count.
• All submissions must be in English.
• All submissions must be the original work of the author, must not have been published before the closing date and must be accompanied by a copy of the entry form, containing the author’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
• All submissions must not have been previously entered for the Crossing The Tees Short Story Competition
• Submissions must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate.
• All submissions are judged anonymously; do not include your name on the document.
• Deadline for submissions is 12 midnight on Wednesday 31st July 2019.
• Submissions received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
• Only submissions in MS Word format, Times New Roman Font in font size 12 point and double spaced will be accepted.
• The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
• Judging is fair and unbiased. Experienced readers assist the judges in selecting the shortlists.
• Copyright remains with the author but shortlisted authors must give permission for their work to be included in the anthology for a period of up to twelve months.
• Entering the competition gives ‘Crossing the Tees’ Book Festival the once only permission to publish the short listed stories in an anthology.
• By entering, all entrants licence Crossing the Tees Book Festival to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition.
• Entrants must be aged sixteen or over.
• Do keep a copy of your entry, submissions cannot be returned.
• Only one submission per person will be considered.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRY IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE RULES
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION