Submit your Crossing The Tees Entry
To submit your story for the Crossing The Tees short story competition, simply fill in the details below, select your file then press upload. Please note: only Word (.doc/.docx), Pages (.pages), Open Office (.odt) or text (.txt) files will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 31st JULY 2018
If you encounter a problem with submitting your entry form and story please visit your local library for assistance.
N.B. Once you have submitted your story you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you have not received this within 7 working days please contact Sixth Element Publishing on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01642-360253
Terms and Conditions – Short Story Competition
• All submissions to be 3000 words maximum, no minimum; the title is not included in the word count.
• All submissions must be in English.
• All submissions must be the original work of the author, must not have been published before the closing date and must be accompanied by a copy of the entry form, containing the author’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
• Submissions must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate.
• All submissions are judged anonymously; do not include your name on the document.
• Deadline for submissions is 12 midnight on Tuesday 31st July 2018.
• Submissions received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
• Only submissions in MS Word format, Times New Roman Font in font size 12 point and double spaced will be accepted.
• The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
• Judging is fair and unbiased. Experienced readers assist the judges in selecting the shortlists.
• Copyright remains with the author but shortlisted authors must give permission for their work to be included in the anthology for a period of up to twelve months.
• Entering the competition gives ‘Crossing the Tees’ Book Festival the once only permission to publish the short listed stories in an anthology.
• By entering, all entrants licence Crossing the Tees Book Festival to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition.
• Entrants must be aged sixteen or over.
• Do keep a copy of your entry, submissions cannot be returned.
• Only one submission per person will be considered.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRY IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE RULES.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.